Tuesday, August 15, 2017

AN INTERVIEW WITH GOD


In my dream, I found myself interviewing God.

"Do you mind if I interview you?" I asked.

God smiled gently, "My time is eternity. What questions do you have?"

So, I continued, "What surprises you most about humankind?"

God replied with wisdom:

"I'm amazed they rush through childhood longing to grow up, only to yearn for their lost youth."

"They sacrifice their health to make money, then spend their money trying to regain their health."

"They worry endlessly about the future, forgetting to live in the present."

"They live as if they'll never die, then die as though they had never truly lived."

God then held my hand, and we sat in silence. Eventually, I asked,

"As a parent, what lessons do you want my children to learn?"

God answered sincerely:

"To understand that they can't force love but can allow themselves to be loved."

"To avoid comparing themselves to others; each is unique."

"To practice forgiveness, knowing wounds heal slowly."

"To value not what they need, but what they have."

"To recognize that love exists even when it's not expressed."

"To appreciate that perspectives differ."

Before concluding, I asked,

"Is there anything else you wish my children to know?"

With a loving smile, God replied,

"Just let them know that I am here, always."


No comments:

Post a Comment